• Contact Us
  • Meter Readings
  • Emergency Numbers

You are more than welcome to send us any questions or suggestions through the form below. Specifying the subject wil help get your mail directly to the right department. You can also use this form to submit your monthly water meter readings.

  • Customer Service
  • Public Relations
  • Townplanning
  • Waste and Environment
  • Library Service
  • Parks and Sports Facilities
  • Halls Rental
  • Resorts
  • Traffic Department
  • Business Registrations

Type in the security code:

All correspondence from this form is treated as confidential.
If required we will respond to your query within 24 hours.

Use the below to submit your water meter readings each month. Submitting your own meter readings helps to ensure that your municipal account's water consumption rate is calculated with greater accuracy. It also helps you determine if their are any leakages and to see how you can save on your water usage. It's good idea to follow a set start and end date each month. For example always take the reading on the 1st day of a month and the last day of the month. 1 January - 31 January.

Type in the security code:

All correspondence from this form is treated as confidential.
If required we will respond to your query within 24 hours.

Municipal Services (After hours)
Customer Service 081 124 0726
Credit Control 081 122 0850
Environmental Officer 081 124 3527
Media Liaison 081 124 8999
Parks & Cemeteries 081 149 8761
Plumber 081 122 0809
Public Health Services 081 124 1009
Resorts & Tourism 081 124 3537
Roads & Building Control 081 122 0809 or 081 129 9702
Solid Waste 081 129 9316 or 081 128 8316
Sport Facilities 081 124 0401
Sewerage 081 128 8324
Water Disruptions 081 128 8328
Erongo RED Services (After hours)
Electricity 081 129 3875
Other Emergency Services (After hours)
Ambulance 081 129 6280 / 0859555
ISOS 200 200 or 081 707
E-Med Rescue 081 924
Police 219 048 or 10111
NAMPOL Traffic 081 202 8391
Municipal Traffic 081 122 0821
Fire Brigade 081 122 0833 or 081 122 0888
G4S 213 922 or 081 922
Sea Rescue 208 2221 or 081 129 6295
Namport Fire & Port Control 208 2221 or 208 2265
Namibia Defence Force 219 411 (Rooikop)
Tourism Info Centre 081 128 6713
Pharmacies 081 124 1405

(ABC Pharmacy at Welwitchia Hospital remains open until 20:00)
posterDownload our Emergency Number

Poster. (A3 size in PDF format at 868kb)


Do not allow children to abuse these emergency numbers. A life may depend on the rapid response of these services.


Get answers to the most common questions re Walvis Bay and municipal services.

Help, I think there is a water pipe leak underground in my erf. What do I do?

The property owner is responsible for any leakages at water meters or water pipelines in his/her erf. Use a registered plumber to repair the leakage. In some cases you may qualify for a rebate or credit on your account due to the leakage.

  1. Obtain an Application for Water Leakage Credit Form from the Customer Service centre or download it from the municipal website. This form must be completed by the plumber and yourself.
  2. Submit the plumber’s invoice and the completed form to obtain a rebate on the loss of water due to the leakage. This rebate or credit will be granted within three months after close scrutiny of the normal water consumption pattern. This monitoring ensures that there are no further leakages and determines the credit or rebate to be granted.

When are water meter readings taken?

Water meter readings are taken throughout the month. The owner of a property must ensure that the water meter is accessible. Customers can also send their own water meter readings via fax or the municipal website. When a water meter can not be accessed, an estimate reading is determined by comparing the water consumption trends of the previous months’ readings.

In a lease, who pays for rates and taxes?

In a lease agreement the owner of the property is liable for the rates and taxes and sewage on property size. The tenant is billed for the water consumption, sewage purification and refuse services. If the tenant absconds or moves out without paying his/her municipal account, the owner is responsible for settling the outstanding municipal account.

How do I reconnect the water supply after it was cut?

To reconnect your water supply, the full account needs to be settled and a reconnection fee is payable. Contact your Customer Service officer for the necessary forms.

How do I obtain a monthly bill or account?

About Municipal Accounts

  1. Municipal accounts are posted to the address specified on the services application form.
  2. Inform the Customer Service Centre of any address changes immediately. An Address Change Form can be obtained from the Customer Service Centre or downloaded from the municipal website.
  3. Account printouts can be obtained from any Customer Service Centre at a minimal fee that is debited to the customer’s next account.
  4. It is the responsibility of the account holder to ensure that his/her municipal account is paid before the due date. Failing to pay your municipal account on time could lead to your water supply being cut-off. Failing to settle accounts in arrears can lead to legal action being taken against you.
  5. Remember, there is a month delay in the municipal billing system, meaning the account you receive, for instance at the end of January, reflects the services rendered in the previous month, December.

How do claim a credit refund or deposit after disconnection?
  1. Should you have credit left after the final deduction (two months after disconnection of services), you can apply that the credit be transferred to your new account or that it be refunded to you.
  2. Obtain an Application for Refund Form from the Customer Service Centre,or download it from the municipal website. Complete it and hand it in at the Customer Service Centre. You will be refunded electronically, after the application has been processed.

How do I apply for the disconnection of water supply?
  1. Obtain an Application for the Disconnection of Services Form from the Customer Service Centre, or download it from the municipal website.
  2. Complete the form. It is compulsory to include your new residential and employer’s address and the date of disconnection.
  3. Hand in the completed form at the Customer Service Centre. The account will be closed. Remember, you will still be billed for the last meter reading.
  4. Any outstanding balance a month after the disconnection will be credited against your initial deposit.

How do I apply for water supply?
  1. Obtain an Application for the Connection of Water Services Form from the Customer Service Centre, or download it from the municipal website.
  2. Complete the form, including the owners signature, and specify when you want the service to be connected.
  3. Hand in the completed form at the Customer Service Centre together with copies of the Lease Agreement and your ID. (The name of the applicant must appear on the lease agreement.)
  4. If the erf is registered as a CC, applicants need to attach a copy of the Founding Statement, the members’ permission, ID’s and signatures.
  5. If you intend connecting services for a business, a copy of the business certificate is required.
  6. If an applicant is connecting services on behalf of a business or individual, a copy of the Power of Attorney must be attached.
  7. You will be requested to verify your application at the Credit Controllers office. Once verified, a deposit amount as directed must be paid at the cashiers.
  8. Take the receipt and your application back to the Customer Service desk to activate your account.